Saturday, September 6, 2014

Creativity and Your Role as Support Staff



This summer I was asked to teach a session on creativity during a day long event for support staff.  I was thrilled!  I am a secretary, and I enjoy my job, but I am also many other things... and the organizers asked me to to this because they know me well.

At the start of my session, the group made its way around a large table that I had previously set up with tablecovers, paints, and canvases, and I introduced myself. I told the participants that I had a four year degree in Art History, and that I enjoyed putting my research skills to good use as a secretary. At least one of the women took offense at this, and thought I was kidding - denegrating her position as a secretary.  Quickly disagreeing, I explained that I was quite serious. Every day in the work I do, I use some of what made me a great student.  My ablity to think creatively, my tenacity, and my skills researching.

And this is the point of this blog.

I would like to help everyone expand their skill sets for the office! Not that I am the end all, but I will share what I know, I hope you will share what you know, and that we can ask others to join us to share what they know.

Welcome!

Reading anything good?  Here is what I'm reading today:

No comments:

Post a Comment